Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cafe Biaggio

Cafe Biaggio, Keilor Rd. Niddrie. One of the nicer places on Keilor Rd. It is quite large, which means it loses some cosiness, but it's clean and has great furniture. Breakfast menu is not huge - but this can be a good thing - too many choices can be confusing. I had the pikelets - which were absolutely amazing. Dazza, my husband had bacon, eggs and hash brown. Everything was great - except the fried eggs had to be sent back. Fried eggs means the yolk is runny - but the white part of the egg should still be cooked - no snot, thanks. This seems to be a constant struggle for Daz, as chefs seems to think it's ok to serve fried eggs with the white part half raw. It is NOT ok people. Don't accept this. All they need to do is put a lid on the eggs while they're cooking them - or even just lower the heat.

Aside from the eggs, the food was great. And the coffee was good too!!! I was worried, but it was good. I give the coffee about 3.5 stars, which is pretty good, as i am VERY picky about it.

Good brekkie place for the Niddrie area.

1 comment:

  1. I have shared a coffee here with Sandra three times now, whilst she has caps, I have short blacks, and I have had mixed experiences so far. The first time, it really wasn't bad at all, good crema on top, and not too bitter. The second time it was a little watery, but drinkable, (I was also dying for a coffee so i may not have been as fussy as usual). The third time however was a disaster. I had to add sugar, and still it was nasty enough to leave behind after two tiny sips. It was extremely bitter and had a burnt aftertaste to it. I would have sent it back and asked for another, but It was bad enough to have put me off entirely. I would be a stretch for me to give this place another go.

    ReplyDelete