Saturday, April 3, 2010

Omni restaurant

Omni Restaurant, Keilor Rd. Niddrie has a really cosy and cute feel. Dazza and I have very different thoughts about this place. I love it - love the feel of it and most of all LOVE the ricotta pancakes. Best ever! But, Daz has had a really bad experience with the eggs!! Again, the fried eggs were not cooked well, leaving the white part runny like snot. So he sent them back, which I assume the chef was not happy about as he sent out fried eggs which were pretty much burnt, as was the toast. So Daz was not happy. Understandably. But, the ricotta pancakes are to die for. And great people that own and serve - not the chef though.

Depending on who makes the coffee it is either fantastic, or pretty shit. This is annoying, obviously. As I find it difficult to say 'capaccino, but only made by her.' When it's good I give it 4 stars, when it's bad, it gets 1 star.

Also, Daz not happy with the sausage options, as there is only a spicy one.

Decide for yourself, but for me the ricotta pancakes are heaven!!

1 comment:

  1. Dazza and I finally went back - and the first thing we were told by the beautiful waitress is 'new chef'!! We were excited. Well, I was excited hoping Daz's eggs would be good, so that we could start coming back to this place. And they were!!!!!!! So happy. My pancakes were beyond yum. Highly, highly recommend this place!

    ReplyDelete